Cove and COVID
Cove Property Management on the COVID Pandemic
At Cove Property Management, our highest priorities during the COVID-19 pandemic have focused on the care and concern of our residents and teams, maintaining a strong sense of community, and providing necessary support for those who need it. Our initiatives during the pandemic have greatly assisted our valued residents and communities during these challenging times.
Since COVID-19 became a serious threat, we have taken swift action to ensure the health and safety of our residents and teams. A committee of Cove executives have met daily to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on all aspects of the communities we serve. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local governments. Additionally, Cove has implemented temporary policies for resident events, hospitality, increased cleaning in common areas and office areas, and social distancing to prevent additional risk. We continue to adapt and adjust our guidelines to maintain the highest level of safety, which include:
- Virtual Tours: Conducting virtual tours with prospective residents to limit the number of people entering our communities. Offering touchless or no contact tours to allow in-person visits to the community without potential exposure.
- Amenities and Common Spaces: Keeping our amenity spaces and common spaces closed in areas where social distancing is not feasible including: canceling in-person events, closing our clubhouse to visitors, and ensuring that residents and team members are in a position to safely social distance.
- Leasing Office Hours: We have requested residents to contact the property management teams via phone, email or resident portal and to refrain from visiting the office in order to minimize in-person interactions.
- Rental Assistance Programs: Offering residents financial relief with repayment plans, waived late fees, on time rent payment discounts and incentives, online payments at no cost to our residents and flexibility with extended lease options.
- Maintenance Service: Focusing our maintenance teams on essential tasks in order to limit interpersonal exposure and providing them with enhanced personal protective equipment.
Our leadership teams have worked diligently to maintain a sense of normalcy at all communities during the COVID-19 pandemic and customer service remains a core focus even during these difficult times. To quickly adapt in this ever-changing environment, we continue to think proactively to anticipate the future needs of our residents.
During this crisis, we are honored that our residents have chosen our communities as their home and remain resolute in our commitment to provide the best possible living environment, despite the ongoing circumstances. In the meantime, we will continue to do all that we can to support our residents, team members, and our communities.
Stephen Margerum, ARM®, CPM®
I have been at West Woods for over a year now. I recently upgraded to a two bedroom two bathroom from a one bedroom with loft. The two bedroom is huge, the largest I have seen in Annapolis. The one with loft is unique but I wasn't using the loft really. Both apartments had all granite counters, full washer/dryer, updated appliances, very nice. Closet space is also a plus here.- getdowngermantown
Our apartment is HUGE!! Best dollars per square foot in Annapolis. As quiet as any place I've ever lived. Neighbors and staff are friendly, grounds are clean, and buildings are being updated, even though they weren't run down at all.
I'd recommend West Woods to anyone looking for some square footage, quiet neighbors, and clean, safe surroundings.
This is a great place! I moved in April 2010 and both management staff and maintenance staff have been personable, professional, kind and attentive to any of my needs. My apartment had a few problems when I moved in and these problems were resolved by next day every time. It's quiet here, both inside and outside the apartment. This is a really great place and the staff should be commended for their work!